Monday 27 March 2017

PNG Bilum products showcased in New Zealand

by GLORIA BAUAI - PNG Loop 

PNG Bilum products are being showcased at the Pasifika Festival which commenced today in New Zealand, Western Springs Lakeside Park.

This traditional product is among other Pacific Island cultures displayed at what is considered the biggest celebration of Pacific Island culture and heritage in the world.

The presence of the Bilum products was made possible by Pacific Trade & Invest (PT&I) NZ through its Pacific Path to Market programme.

It is a structured approach to helping businesses entering the New Zealand market.

It is a two day event which will stretch through the weekend from March 25 to 26.

The iconic Pasifika Festival also celebrates its 25th birthday so with free entry, there are more than 220 performance groups and 60,000 visitors expected.

While the bilum is gaining momentum overseas, in the highlands of PNG, it is a good sale for mothers when it comes a graduation day. While graduating on her Grade 12 graduation last year (2016), a Simbu lass put on this bilum dress on the day which was made by her aunty who makes bilums and sells. 
Pictured here with her sister baby in Simbu. Photo Courtesy of Madfox Apo. March 2017.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete